Can't buy me love

By Anonymous - 23/11/2020 04:02 - Japan - Okayama

Today, I realized while paying bills on my phone I fat-fingered which credit card I was paying and sent 299 to a paid-off card instead of 200 to another one. Now I'm going to have overdraft fees too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 661
You deserved it 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pretty sure you can cancel payments on credit cards

You can get some of your money back. You're gonna get fat-fingered by that credit company with some bs "transaction fee," or the like.

Comments

pretty sure you can cancel payments on credit cards

call the credit company or your bank. they can probably fix the mistake from their end pretty easily. the bank should have the ability to make just about anything happen related to your account, and it may be free (not sure if the have a fee for such things)

You can get some of your money back. You're gonna get fat-fingered by that credit company with some bs "transaction fee," or the like.

I guess I've been lucky. Every time I've made a payment by phone, I've been asked to confirm if everything is correct.

rotflqtms_ 21

for me, my card payments don't usually go through the same day and I'm able to cancel payments. Call your credit card and/or your bank and cancel the payment before it goes through. And next time, actually look at what you're doing because I'm almost sure they all have confirmations before you pay and 299 instead of 200 should be a discrepancy you'd notice if you reviewed it. Now lesson learned. Always review your payments, don't just skip through stuff.

You didn't explain something right. A paid off card doesn't get overdrafted...

Right? Paid off means 0 balance in my head. Or, closed, which means it wouldn't be charged anyways.