Never touch the Xbox

By Unknown - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I turned off my boyfriend's Xbox while he was playing because I wanted to talk to him about getting more serious with our relationship. As I did so, he said, "That's not the only thing you just turned off" and promptly broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 928
You deserved it 15 659

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly that would piss me off, but gaming is my hobby. You could have been mature and just asked him to pause his game.

Don't get in the way of a man and his xbox smh

Comments

That1One1Chick 24

You deserved it 100%. That is the most disrespectful and rude thing to do in the entire world. You need to grow up. Ask him to talk and wait till he's done like an adult. Stop being a needy brat. I can assure you that no guy (or girl) wants to date someone who's needy and demands attention the moment she decides she wants it.

countrylane92 11

You're better off if he's plays Xbox instead of PS

To be honest....I'm not saying this was right at all but I'm not surprised. You want to get serious with him but you didn't even know his limits (the game) ?

So to talk to him about getting more serious you decide to piss him off first? Grade A logic right there.

Honestly, yeah, that one incident probably didn't warrant a breakup (although people are allowed to end relationships for any reason, including just that they're not feeling it.) But the fact that you presented turning off his video game so you could talk about your relationship as a completely normal action seems to indicate that you do boundary-pushing stuff like that frequently. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who thinks that's normal either.

WeirdUS 29

Going out on a limb here while she what she did what was rude I somehow don't believe this was the first time she tried to talk to him and there are people that take gaming way too seriously and ignore things like their health and their job and I'm guessing this was the final straw I'm trying to get their attention. However if OP was just being a bitch and walked in and shut it off because he didn't fold the laundry then yes OP deserves every bit of it

bobsanction 18

You're kind of a bitch. You entirely deserve it.

My issue isn't that she turnt off the console, people are missing the bigger issue here. It's that she DID it and thought it was fine. This probably means there were serious issues in their relationship and this is what finally made him go "just **** this shit". If she is the sort of person who doesn't care about his hobbies, doesn't care about his free time (as he just spent hios free time doing something he know has to redo at another point), and ultimately thinks "well I can do whatever I want to to hiss tuff with no consequences" then she is in no way mature enough for a bf.

that is just something you do not do. It's like crossing the street without looking, or being late for class, you just dont do it. K? I hope you understand the seriousness of that. As a gamer, as a man, that is not something us men are ok with.