By ShitShoveler - 14/04/2017 14:00 - United States - Abington

Today, a month after getting a big promotion, I found out that I'm stuck with my old job. No one wants to take my old position, so they are vacating my new one and will post it, because, "This one is more desirable, and your's is shit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 261
You deserved it 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you qualified for that position you qualify for a similar one someplace else that will respect you and your time more. And they can fill your 'shit' position with 2 weeks notice and without you to train your replacement. Good luck!

Comments

If you qualified for that position you qualify for a similar one someplace else that will respect you and your time more. And they can fill your 'shit' position with 2 weeks notice and without you to train your replacement. Good luck!

JadeMinu 10

The company itself seems like a pile of shit OP.

mariri9206 32

Complain to HR. You got the promotion and deserve it. It's not your fault your old position is crap and no one wants it. That's your boss' problem, not yours, and you should be able to keep the promotion. Or talk to your boss and tell your boss if he doesn't let you keep the promotion, then this is your official two weeks notice. Then he has two positions to fill, not one.

That's when you look for a new job and drop them the second you get it. If they're not going to let you progress now, they're never going to want to.

Rayne417 5

your boss deserves a fist to the face

Heather Frost 7
mariri9206 32

Yes, this sucks and OP should definitely fight for the promotion they earned and were given or leave but this isn't really grounds for a lawsuit.

tell them to suck it(not literally) and let them fill both positions