By SlowLane - 11/09/2009 21:47 - United States

Today, I got 4 "photo enforced" speeding tickets in the mail. It was from the car that was stolen from me three weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 317
You deserved it 2 837

Same thing different taste

Comments

Deathlyranch 0

FYL....Just get it cleared with the DMV. You reported it right? This is good, considering they can get a view of the thief.

voice_of_reasonx 0

I'm pretty sure if you reported your car stolen, then they wouldn't be sending you tickets.. to get a ticket, doesn't it require some sort of police interaction? At least on some level? You know, the same police that would have the report on it being stolen? It just doesnt seem to make sense..

Actually the camera's are all run by a private company. Police interaction doesn't go beyond an officer looking at the photo's and determining that there was a violation, signing it and having it sent out. He will have to make a court appearance but it's pretty easy to get that dismissed.

You would think that, but they most likely don't check to see if the car is stolen when they review the photos. An actual person checks those and all they really check to see is if they have a clear picture of the plate and the driver. Anything else would add usually unnecessary steps. As long as the car was reported stolen, the OP shouldn't be held accountable for those tickets, and they can actually make a good attempt to track down the car and thief.

I got a parking ticket on my car after it was stolen. It was a pain in the ass to get it dismissed, and it involved me sending them (the police) a copy of the police report, which cost me $5.

xMooMoox 0

#64 I'm guessing the ticket was more then $5 so while it sucks, it could have been a lot worse. But if were going to count up how much money you lost, you can't forget the time and effort "time money" you put into getting it dismissed. And it does seem rather lame you had to give the police a police report.

Fake. Unless you didn't report it in the three weeks, you wouldn't get a ticket. if you didn't report it, you're an idiot. Stop ******* posting fake fmls.

#93, I'm not surprised that OP did receive the tickets in the mail. Different branches of government aren't very in tune with each other. What does surprise me, however, is that the thief hadn't taken measures to disguise the car. They even had the same plates on?!

you know you wont have to pay for em noe right

second actually. fail at life. ++ sorry OP. must suck.

katsoplat 0

you fail at life for actually noticing things like that

Incorrect, he wins for paying attention unlike yourself.

And you fail twice for having a stupid comment and not being first.

YDI for having your car stolen. am i cool now?

Kylias 6

Like the other side of the pillow.

Hello, Kylias! I'm Billy Dee Williams. Welcome to the cooooollll side of the pillow.

playfuldesk 0

#4 u fail at life they just messed up. And FYL if they gave u speeding tickets from a camera they can probably see the person in it

no, kat goes around and tries to put "first" on all the new posts that just came up. #4 is right

I sure hope you reported it stolen, as others have said. Bring the tickets to the DMV or local police station and you'll coast. They can trace the thief, I'm sure.

Life is simple, file a complaint. If that doesn't work, then your SOOL.