By Anonymous - 13/03/2011 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to wait an hour in the awful rain for my mom to pick me up, because she didn't realize the clocks had gone forward already. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 646
You deserved it 4 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sallen0046 4

And you were completely incapable of locating a phone to call her or a dry place to wait? If you chose not to take action, you generally lose the right to complain about an unpleasant situation.

There may have been no close place to take shelter, and OP may be in an unfamiliar place and not want to get lost. Not to mention the fact that OP's mother could have appeared at any time. It's not as if OP knew they would have a whole hour to find a phone, she probably didn't know the reason she was late until afterwards. It makes much more sense to stay where you are, as that is where people will first look for you.

Comments

samadams42 0

Get over it this happens to everyone.

john7h567hgrd 0

How ddid I know that there was gonna be an FML about the time change...

haha! Im lucky the time doesn't change in Arizona :)

Same here sok. makes life so much easier xD

persianjr1 7

haha I had a soccer game and everyone missed it because of the time change. lol

Well, I'm confused as to how her mom was an hour late. Spring forward means everything is an hour earlier (clock says 10 but it's really 9). So, perhaps OP trusted her clock that had not been set whereas his/her mom had a self-adjusting clock (such as the clocks on phones which adjust themselves using the internet) and therefore had the correct time. The only reason that I realized this is because when my alarm clock woke me up at what was supposed to be 9am, I checked my phone and it was 8am.

secretlyvictoria 1

Actually, 58, Spring forward means everything is an hour later. If your alarm clock went off at 9 o'clock and you hadn't changed the time, it would have actually been 10 o'clock.

-headdesk- no, 59. think about it for a while.

... why didn't the OP just call her and ask where she was? lol

poor girl.. not.. seriously get a grip, rain have never ever killed anyone, did your makeup get ruined? or your perfect hair or something? and ever heard about bus or bike? jeez i never needed my mommy to pick me up.

^ ikr? OP, would you rather get hit by a tsunami?

90, you are a douche. I once got stuck at school for an hour because it started hailing (this is Los Angeles, where hail is a big deal), and traffic got stopped up everywhere. You're not allowed to take the bus if you haven't been signed up and I obviously didn't ride my bike to school. I was maybe eight. What would you think about that? That I was a stupid little kid for expecting my mom to come pick me up?

i was listening to coldplay's "clocks" as i read this fml. |the kid|

ryry98 7
john7h567hgrd 0

Stop ******* signing your ******* signature!!!! Dick!!....

ashtonTS 0

Calm down John...you're the douche smoking in your profile pic.

64 -- i've been "signing" my name for the last several years. i'm not going to stop because literally 2 people (yes, i can count!) are up in arms about it. if it bothers you that much, you can refrain from reading my comments. this isn't a popularity contest. go play a game of scrabble with yourself, because that's the only way i can see you succeeding. dick. |the kid|

ImmortalKratos 0

64 I'd like to see you tell |the kid| that to his face. you'd probably crap your pants and then he'd tear you a new a-hole so you could crap from there too XD

smileeee_fml 0

kratos, as much as it would thoroughly satisfy me to see this guy shit from two places (actually, three, counting his pie-hole), i'm a nice guy. besides, what would it do for me to do that to someone who has yet to graduate from high school? i'm just glad i have a loyal, dedicated fan. hehehe. |the kid|

smileeee_fml 0

lol exactly , even though im still in high school , i thought it was pretty immature to say seriously ... if you like signing yr name continue doing it

64, you are a douche.. I agree with smileee, TheNewGuy would rip you a new asshole..

KVKdragon 26

time and tide wait for no man ;)

sallen0046 4

And you were completely incapable of locating a phone to call her or a dry place to wait? If you chose not to take action, you generally lose the right to complain about an unpleasant situation.

tbj42409 0

that's what I was thinking.

There may have been no close place to take shelter, and OP may be in an unfamiliar place and not want to get lost. Not to mention the fact that OP's mother could have appeared at any time. It's not as if OP knew they would have a whole hour to find a phone, she probably didn't know the reason she was late until afterwards. It makes much more sense to stay where you are, as that is where people will first look for you.

smileeee_fml 0
ImmortalKratos 0

oh rock lee you clever bushy browed bastard.

#10, pretty much everybody has some form of a cell phone nowadays. Id be surprised if the OP didn't

While true, i also know most people my age have 0 credit on theirs, or if they are like me, totally forget to either bring it, or charge it. I think if OP had a mobile they would have included it in the FML.

oreobunbun 3

Looks like she deserves a *puts on sunglasses*...a time out

Looks like someone *puts on sunglasses* needs to stop trying to be funny.

Whorebiscuits 4

Aw, don't be jealous because he actually is funny and you're not!

Aw, don't worry WhoreBiscuts. I'm not jealous, I have no reason to be. Thanks for your concern(:

CaptainPickles72 18

@#14 Your *puts on glasses* joke is the only one I ever laughed at. Seriously, they are not funny!

Haha thank you. They're annoying jokes, I don't understand why people think they're funny when they say them.

KJLD5 0

hey 46, stop being a creeper. leave the chick alone

haha I swear, the creepers on here are ridiculous. let me know if ya need me to stick up for ya.. I'm used to it..lol

haha well thanks!(: you're really pretty by the way!

haha aw thank you! you are as well! I was just noticing how on every fml everyone is like Jess you're so pretty. lol which you are! us blondes need to stick together :D

haha you're welcome! and thanks(: we do needa stick together!

ashtonTS 0

That whole blondes sticking together connent does not help your stereotype btw.

ImmortalKratos 0

I think I smell a lesbian lick fest coming on ;)

Should've done your own version of "Singing in the Rain." Or at least sing, "Raindrops keep falling on my head." Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure there was some sort of shelter you could've taken to avoid becoming completely soaked.

ashtonTS 0

PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE. YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO LOOK LIKE YOU ARE ABOUT TO SUCK A DICK.

happyFace12 0
hcovballer247 0

honest mistake. a lot of people forgot to change their clocks(: like meee

the clocks were set forward. she should have been there an hour early.

kmarrs 2

The clock read 8:30, it was really 9:30. That would make her an hour late. (Not the exact times I'm sure, just pulled number out of my a$$)

@#17 If the clocks went forward, so old time of 8.30 would be new time 9.30- so an unadjusted clock would read 8.30 when it was really 9.30. Yeah, that's an hour early.

eponina 0

actually 17 is correct. reread what you just typed.

spring forward, fall back. time goes forward, so you think it's 4 but it's actually 5. you guys KNOW this and still get the math wrong? no offense, but kiiiiinda pathetic...

Triad24 0

i really hope ur not reallying bitching about rain...

BugsBunny1 4

I don't see how autocorrect would come up with "reallying."

It happens a lot. Autocorrect is a bitch and times.

For an accidental example. Somehow I wrote at wrong, and it corrected it with and.