By Vassy - 04/12/2012 18:51 - Canada - Montreal

Today, I made a positive remark to the owner of my local groceries store for employing a special needs girl. Not only is the girl not mentally handicapped, she's also the owner's daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 665
You deserved it 32 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's just so hard to tell with some people...

"Your daughter is pretty handicapped around the store. Shit, I meant HANDY. You GOTTA believe me!"

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

Hopefully they understand that you didn't mean it maliciously, OP.

unknown_user5566 26

This comment was supposed to be a reply to another comment. Not sure how it ended up here. My apologies.

40- Booooo!!! Unforgivable!!! *Lobs rotten tomatoes while sobbing!* ;)

Every once in a while I try to make an original comment and it somehow ends up as a reply to another comment.

unknown_user5566 26

Draco- I hate tomatoes, and on top of that, they're rotten?! Oh, the humanity! :P Grace, I think I figured out what happened in my case. I hit reply on the comment I wanted to say something on, but when I submitted it, I received the notice saying I had to wait a little longer (anti flood protection). When I hit submit again, I noticed that the text saying "Reply to #___" was gone from the comment box; the website must have disassociated my reply because of the anti-flood protection, and created it as a new comment. *shrugs* Super weird.

41- *Face palm.* Horrible choice of words. Just horrible. :p

Before you try to defend yourself with, "Jeez, chill out. It was a joke!" It wasn't funny, but thoughtless and douche-y.

coming from the guy who's 32 and taking pics of himself... yea ok

I'm not going to try to defend myself, get a sense of humor or delete your app... f-ing douche....

nnnope 26

That wasn't necessary no matter how you look at it. YDI.

It's not your fault. You didn't know. :) I hope you apologized though!

courtjester86 8

I don't think it was mean at all; you legit made an honest mistake and was trying to pay a complement. It's like mistaking a larger woman for being pregnant.

That's why you shouldn't ever say anything unless you're 100% certain

perdix 29

Looks like you're the one with the "special need:" A new grocery store!

If you really thought she was handicapped and you were happy that it wasn't affecting her ability to work and live a 'normal' life, why would you want to bring up the fact that it was unusual rather than letting her live that 'normal' life and getting on with your own?