By nohobo - 09/03/2015 21:22 - Romania - Bucharest

Today, I noticed that whenever I don't give the homeless guy around the corner some money, my side mirrors get stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 820
You deserved it 2 996

nohobo tells us more.

OP here. Only the reflective glass parts get stolen and it takes 10 seconds and a screwdriver. Dealership ones are sold on the black market for half price, though I got the cheap chinese plastic ones and those go missing too. Out of spite I think, since they have my plate number on them and are worth nothing. The police won't do anything, it's a common theft; they told me to get better insurance -_- . Car alarm wouldn't work either, the thief would be gone by the time I arrive. They got stolen 3 times, all nights after I didn't give the guy anything. And the guy is pretty much harassing me now. Like coming to my car to offer to carry my bags or opening my door (creepy, right?). I tried to firmly but politely tell him to leave me alone but nada. Gonna report him for harassment and if he comes near me again he'll get a face full of pepper spray, since that's probably the only way he'll understand. Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for your supportive/funny comments, they've made my day :D

Top comments

So you have given him some money before and he still stole your side mirrors? Dude deserves to be homeless.

Comments

AnOriginalName 19

Report him to whom? What's his name? His address? How is he supposed to reimburse OP for the cost of replacing those side mirrors, if there's even a way to show that he did it? Use the $20 he sold them for? Liquidate his assets?

Then you better keep giving him some money.

Why would you give money to someone you know has stolen from you?

martin8337 35

Ah I kinda thought maybe he wasn't the one taking them. But he might intervene or something if he was given some change. But then I read it again.

He prob takes the mirror to a scrap yard and gets money for them

whoops you made a typo. "giving him money" isn't the same as "kicking his ass"

put your side mirrors in your car and lock it. set up a video camera to catch him in the act.

So you have given him some money before and he still stole your side mirrors? Dude deserves to be homeless.

No one deserves to have homelessness wished upon them.

countryb_cth 38

He's already homeless so #4 isn't wishing it apon him.

That's pretty harsh. Being homeless is no joke, man. :c They shouldn't steal either, but how else are they going to make money if people aren't donating? It's not like he can get a job; most employers won't hire someone who doesn't have access to showers/clean clothes regularly.

Some places have free showering areas. For example, there are some YMCAs (some, not all) with free membership. Just go there everyday and tah dah, all clean! It's a bit of a long shot but if homeless people did that, I'm sure they could find somewhere to work.

What kind of people vote DOWN your comment?

I've been homeless and had to shower at ymca many times. But there are many more issues: transportation (to work, ymca, place to eat, place to sleep, place to use Internet to job search, etc), clean appropriate clothes, no address or phone number, lack of sleep, lack of sanity, poor work history, mental and physical disorders, etc. People don't seem to understand what homeless people face until they become homeless themselves. Although this guy really shouldn't have stolen the mirrors, he is imprisoned by his circumstances and environment. That's also how addictions begin - poor environment they feel the need to escape. It's a tragic and endless cycle :/.

#38 #6 I've been homeless and had to shower at ymca many times. But there are many more issues: transportation (to work, ymca, place to eat, place to sleep, place to use Internet to job search, etc), clean appropriate clothes, no address or phone number, lack of sleep, lack of sanity, poor work history, mental and physical disorders, etc. People don't seem to understand what homeless people face until they become homeless themselves. Although this guy really shouldn't have stolen the mirrors, he is imprisoned by his circumstances and environment. That's also how addictions begin - poor environment they feel the need to escape. It's a tragic and endless cycle :/.

Unfortunately a lot of homeless people are homeless for a good reason.

#6 That we know but it doesn't give him the right to steal from OP or anyone else just because he's not getting money From OP everytime, Because OP doesn't have to help he's choosing to help the homeless man he shouldn't just automatically expect it from him everytime.

Did I say that it gives them the right to steal anything? I just said that a lot of them are homeless for a good reason. They are antisocial, criminals, drug addicts etc.

Actually, a lot of people are homeless because of mental disorders. Not exactly a "good reason".

Mirror, mirror on the wall, it appears you aren't there at all. Damn that homeless guy!

i don't think he has any regard for kindness, report him to the police.

Find his stash of side mirrors and steal them all for yourself

That's not right OP he shouldn't be just expecting it from you everytime and then throw a tantrum on the days that you aren't helping you are not his own personal banker, If you don't have one already you need to get a car alarm and then somewhere else to park your car like a garage or something, and homeless or not you need to report to the cops don't let him get away stealing your stuff off of your car he put it on himself and no one else. You have a huge heart don't let this homeless guy stop you from helping others Good luck OP.

How does op actually know it's the homeless guy though? I hope he has some proof before he calls the cops on him.