By FML136969 - 05/05/2013 23:30 - United States - Oxford

Today, I tried channeling Mr. Miyagi by catching a fly with my bare hands. It turned out to be a wasp. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 769
You deserved it 50 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

grahmagog 14

Should have used chopsticks

moonsalt 20

I'm perplexed on how you mistook a wasp for a fly?

Comments

RpiesSPIES 27

Someone mind explaining what Mr. Miyagi is?

If you need an explantation...you have been seriously deprived in your life.

goodoldave 17

He's a character from "Karate Kid". Don't worry, I had to Google it because I did not see that movie and I still don't feel deprived.

Comments like this make me feel old :(

He is the latest winner of American Idol. If you don't believe me, you can always talk to one of my friends called Google. He knows his stuff.

35 Google isn't your friend. It's your stalker.

#4, it's been at least 10 years since I saw that movie, and I'm deprived because I don't remember? His comment is useless, though, because Google is so much easier than asking here.

58- you seem to remember the movie well enough to know who Mr. Miyagi is.

HE IS FROM THE ORIGINAL KARATE KID his famous quote: "wax on, wax off"

I agree. I think OP was channeling someone else, and not Mr. Miyagi. First, Mr. Miyagi would know the difference between a fly and a wasp. Second, Mr. Miyagi would not have tried to kill it, as Mr. Miyagi respects all life forms.

shyeahh_fml 19

Mr. Miyagi also used chopsticks. EDIT: #5 already said that. Oops.

I weep for FML if this single/hyphenated word remains in the second best comment slot..

In regards to 32: When I wrote the comment it was in the second slot by a lead of 10. If this has been corrected, I rejoice, FML community.

15- who said he was gonna kill it, he said he tried to CATCH it

You + That "ninja mode" OP = world's sh*ttiest crimefighting duo.

Shadowvoid 33

Hey, i tried that the other day. What i caught in my hand was not a fly, nor a Bee. Instead, it was the D.

Sure #42, you let me know when you catch a fly with your hands without either killing it or seriously injuring it. Don't worry. I'll wait.

larsak 3

LOL! I get this because you said "bee" and it's an insect situation so funny! Lolol

27- I get what you said because you spelled it out in a way a toddler could understad

larsak 3

Sorry, long day, my humor is looking down today. I meant well. 30- how dare you point out that their comment is simply oversimplifying a decent pun!

39- that's about as irrelevant as a particle inside a whole bowl of gaucaMOLe

QuinnyZebrass 11
grahmagog 14

Should have used chopsticks

We have all been there... or at least I have.

moonsalt 20

I'm perplexed on how you mistook a wasp for a fly?

It was practicing for its ninja exam; being all stealthy and disguised. I don't blame it for stinging OP. I'd be upset if someone revealed my true identity too.

goodoldave 17

Op your approach on the matter was so stupid, I can't think of a witty response. YDI

You were supposed to get his awesomeness, not his nearsightedness from the age, but good try and a creative way to spend a day, except for the vasp part though, but we all know that vasp would have screwed you over in another way later, that's how they work

Yesh, vasps are a very güt vay to ruin jour day. Vhy vould zomeone jūs grab a vasp? Don they know vhat vasps can do? (I apology to anyone who has this accent in advance, the opportunity was too scrumptious)

Dusty_Busters 15

I thought you suppose to use chopstick...

How the hell do you confuse a fly and a wasp?! I want to see you try to put pants on, it has to be hilarious.