By Anonymous - 03/02/2010 20:04 - United States

Today, I walked outside, slipped, busted my head, and had to get 7 stitches. Turns out my son thought it would be funny to spray the sidewalk with water last night so it would freeze. He got a laugh, and I spent over $100 on the stitches. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 421
You deserved it 2 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So how long is he grounded for? I hope he didn't get away with it.

Sounds like a kid with a unique sense of humor. He has my respect.

Comments

beat the shit outta that little turd! lol

wow it's only one hundred dollars it's not that big of a deal

and how about the pain that was involved too! and if it's only '100 dollars', why don't you ******* pay for it?

shadow33456 1

good thing he didn't spray ur side walk with something els if u know what I mean

I did tell you not to look down so don't blame me.... should have listened lmao :)

jeez hes a kid ur his dad teach him shit! wow calm down u probly spend 100$ on ur cell phone plan just calm urself!

YDI for not knowing that staples work the same

Sounds like a kid with a unique sense of humor. He has my respect.

funny I have a sense of humor like tht

I see a very painful beating in the kids future probably by his dad

that does not deserve respect, not when the joke is dangerous like icing a sidewalk! Respect would need to be if he could pull off something funny without resorting to injuring someone else. OP I hope you made him shovel all the snow for the rest of the winter and maybe the next!

Maybe he trying to tape you falling and busting your head so he can put it on a american funniest home vidoes

So how long is he grounded for? I hope he didn't get away with it.

betseyville 6

Grounded? If my child ever did this to me (not that I have one now), he'd be getting an ass whooping.

Beating kids doesn't teach them anything, plus it's illegal. I'd certainly want to do so, but I'd refrain.

CheshireHalli 19

Spanking does teach them something: doing something really bad hurts me too. Punching you kids: Illegal. Spanking: Probably illegal, but shouldn't be.

yeah but spanking bites them psycholocially 10 years later. Making them suffer for their errors is a good way to teach kids... on a short term bases. Course we could choose to ignore them and have 10 years of obediance. but that would be wrong?

The crap you guys come up with is amazing.

betseyville 6

Grounding doesn't teach them anything.

You must be one of them tree hugging hippies .Children who are put on "timeout" turn out to be one of two things... Gay or serial killers. Beatings teach valuable lessons my mom beat the shit out of me and I turned out just fine. OP beat him till the white meat shows. I garuantee he'll think of that beating everytime he thinks of doing something as stupid as putting water on a freezing sidewalk.

CheshireHalli 19

I was whipped when I was younger and 10+ years later: I'm NOT psychologically scarred.

^ I agree. There's a big difference between hitting and beating a child. I used to get hit as a child and I deserved it 100% of the time. I'm almost 30 years old and respect how my parents taught me discipline. Dumbass parents these days let their kids get away with everything.

joce445 0

109 Just because a child gets put on a timeout does not mean they will be gay or a cerial killer. I was put on timeouts and I am neither. Nor am I a tree hugging hippie. The method of punishment usually doesn't affect the way a child turns out.

Martini94 0

Beating is illegal, physical punishment is not, to hit a kid is the parents choice as long as it isn't with excessive force, but I m also European so I consider it normal to be beaten with a belt

sounds like an ass whooping waiting to happen!

ChadHelton 8

sounds like a few ass whooping didn't happen in the past. too late now, your child is an Asshole

Atleast you've had sex or ... is he adopted?!  0=

Yeah, what the ****? "Oh man that sucks, but at least you've had sex before!!" Who the **** says that?

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Yeah, because it'd be so much more of an FML if he was a virgin. What the f**k?!

I say that and it would be more of an FML

99% of FML's can be solved with a swift kick to the balls. Especially if it involves a child.

Ajjas013 6

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ajjas013 6

Including that one... Lol. It actually ranges from 40 to 90%. It's always changing. Right now it's about maybe 70%

That'll teach you not to have free healthcare :/

I guess it's good if you fall on your head every day. Perfect for you.

If you did not ground him, you fail as a parent.