By Check Writer - 20/05/2013 23:07 - United States - Oceanside

Today, I was notified that the company did not give me a raise two months ago like I thought. The increase was a typo. Two months ago I wrote a thank you for the raise email to my boss. Now I get to write a check to the company to pay back my "raise." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 747
You deserved it 3 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

This isn't even fair. Hopefully everything will work out for you, OP. And as far as where your company stands, they aren't making themselves look too good.

larsak 3

Well no worries! It'll all be worth it in. Be positive hon :)

You shouldn't have to repay the money back, it was their mistake.

It's their mistake so it should be their loss, not yours. Especially since you gave them a heads up to it two months ago when you emailed your boss. I would fight it!

RedPillSucks 31

They probably would never have noticed if OP hadn't emailed the boss.

Not sure what the law is in the US, but if it is anything like the UK they cannot do that...

why should you be held liable for their mistake? I would fight it

wow op! I've never heard of anything like that happening before. I'm so sorry!

OP, were you told you got a raise, or did more money just unexpectedly appear on your paycheck? If the former, I'd ask your boss what the heck is going on. If the latter, you may want to query any such changes in the future. (I've been accidentally overpaid a couple of times in the past; each time I alerted the company and they immediately issued me a replacement check.)