By Ouch - 10/04/2011 08:55 - Canada

Today, I went outside to smoke a cigarette. I had my headphones in and was blasting my music. It was also cold so I had my hood up. I had my back turned to the house and wasn't paying attention. My brother thought I was a burglar and tackled me to the concrete. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 900
You deserved it 30 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lmaoatall 6

future note for posting fml's, never ever say you went outside to have a smoke. NEVER. even if you were hit by a bus..

catalin 0

How come smokers always get the most YDI's ? : It's completely out of my reach. It's like it was her fault her brother tackled her like that.

Comments

chlorinegreen 27

I think it's funny he said it's not a wasteland he said it 4 times! haha

maybe he just wanted for you to stop smoking?

C6Racer 0

Please proof-read your comments, chlorine. I beg you. Either that, or read the others more carefully.

you agree with yourself? wow fail.......

arrgg i stick hotdogs in lamps aragggg it hurts

Rei_Ayanami 18

I bet the real reason he tackled you is because he wanted you on the ground with him above you.

Hide_Yo_Kids 0

seeing as that's her brother that's just as ****** up as him tackling her

violetdabomb 0

op don't smoke What's wrong with you? You have a healthy body (well most people do) and you're screwing it up on purpose D: C'mon do you wanna die and leave your friends and family like that?

qcumberlovar 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She shouldn't have her hood up. :) Ungrateful bitch! Yall Canadians have perfect weather right now, and I have to burn up down here! If I lived in Canada I'd go ice swimming! :D

sumrem 0

in Canada it's cool, sweater weather, so she can have her hood up if she feels it's nesasary, you never know it maybe windy there

Jrefinne 7

31, I know, it's so hot in florida too!

C6Racer 0
itskeilibaybeex 0

to tell yu the truth only the goody goods think its bad to smoke well atleast in my opinion.

Im_so_redneck 0

he really just did it to get her to stop (:

hotscar 3
C6Racer 0

Really, 88? REALLY? You are officially the biggest idiot to comment on this FML.

Dudelike89 8

73 - very interesting indeed.

vonfupchickrn 0

@ everyone being down on smoking, a) stop sucking up government propaganda b) take a look at yourself. Unless you treat your body as a temple (health freak) please stfu, chocolate: bad for you. Laziness: bad for you. Dairy products: bad for you. Etc, etc, etc. You're no better than the smokers. Oh, and being a DOUCHE is a lot more harmful to those around you than being a smoker.

France has high life expectancy. Their food is terrible. It's also lifestyle that effects life expectancy, like amount of exercise and levels of stress. But honestly, smoking is bad for your health. Eating a balanced diet, including meat, dairy, etc., is healthy. And it's worth mentioning EVERYTHING pretty much has sugar in it. Yeah, McDonalds hamburgers, but also fruits, all other meats, grains, pretty much everything with calories will have them. And yup, 170 sounds sooo much like a scientist, using accurate facts and demonstrating an understanding of how the human body works in his comments. For shame, try posting random crap that makes no sense instead. Science is for nerds.

Grill'd actually do healthy burgers. I don't know if you have them in america, but they're AMAZING. Whoever mentioned burgers didn't actually say they were fast food... do people not make their own burgers over there? A real one should have fresh lettuce (not that iceburg crap), tomatos, pineapple, beetroot, real juicy lean flavourful meat, avocado goes great. A burger can be anything you want it to be, it's only crap if you're racing down the store to buy a big mac instead of creating your own much more tastey burger masterpiece. Odd argument really... Smoking has no health benefits... at all. That's why people die. There's no "government propaganda" argument valid here, if anything the government doesn't WANT people to stop smoking... the revenue is too huge >.> But the real question is... why would he think a robber would be standing outside having a smoke blaring music through headphones?? You'd be able to hear the music if it was "blaring" and I dunno, just doesn't seem like typical robber behaviour.

175, you know hamburgers aren't all fast food, right? It's a cut of meat, ground up, cooked, and put on a bun. Sometimes with other stuff. Hamburgers themselves aren't unhealthy, and my point was your attitude expecting people to be surprised that McDonalds burgers have sugar is rather stupid.

not all burgers r from Mcdonalds as u r saying Also not all burgers r fast foods smoking has 0 benefits besides making u less attractive, smelly n depressed at times u need burgers for the proteins fats n everything that if u lived without u would b I'll vegitarians need to take something to get the nutrients that r not gotten via the meats dairy gives also strong muscle bone tooth and eye health smoking takes away all that and is completely uneccesssary

stephy0823 0

hahaha this girl makes me laugh xD .. forget it guys, she is one of those people who cant have a decent discussion but instead NEED to be right at any cost. Not worth wasting time with her. The day will come when cancer makes her regret not replacing all those cigarettes with some juicy home made burgers! Grandama style!

u get depressed wen u stop n rlly need a hit n I'm not insecure at all I think u might b doing something a little more then cigarettes because their seems to b something wrong with u

Funny stuff in this thread. #157's silly "eating chocolate is no better than smoking." Because everyone can breathe in the horrid stench of chocolate from a few feet away. And Reira's failing left and right, but that needs no comment.

I'm pretty sure due to natural events that have happened recently japan is no longer high for life expectancy....... gf

testthecoal 5

reira, flaming online is like participating in the autistic Olympics. even if you win, you still are messed up.

214- You insulted her by calling her a jerk. Doesn't that make you aggressive? It's the pot calling the kettle black.

T_Rex980 0

how exactly does this whole argument get anything done? I mean, what so you get for winning? are you so depressed (probably from smoking xD) that you will take any kind of satisfaction from tearing apart others? tsk tsk.

thaney18 0

cyber wars bore me to death...

reira stfu ur stuck on burgers who the hell said everyone who is against smoking eats burgers all the time? people who dont smoke probably care enough about their bodies to eat well. people who smoke are just pathetically addicted to nicotine. and who cares if he uses scientific words? at least they know what the hell theyre talking about.

CDABXXX 5

230, he/she didnt call her a jerk, he/she said theres no need to be a jerk.

Smoking IS bad, yes... However most people (such as myself) start when they are too young and dumb to make very good decisions, and later in life we say "**** me! What have I gotten myself into?" So please don't judge, that's not what this site is for, and unless you are Jesus, I'm sure that you're not perfect. Soooo.... STFU!!!!

Smoking IS bad, yes... However most people (such as myself) start when they are too young and dumb to make very good decisions, and later in life we say "**** me! What have I gotten myself into?" So please don't judge, that's not what this site is for, and unless you are Jesus, I'm sure that you're not perfect. Soooo.... STFU!!!!

Smoking IS bad, yes... However most people (such as myself) start when they are too young and dumb to make very good decisions, and later in life we say "**** me! What have I gotten myself into?" So please don't judge, that's not what this site is for, and unless you are Jesus, I'm sure that you're not perfect. Soooo.... STFU!!!!

Smoking IS bad, yes... However most people (such as myself) start when they are too young and dumb to make very good decisions, and later in life we say "**** me! What have I gotten myself into?" So please don't judge, that's not what this site is for, and unless you are Jesus, I'm sure that you're not perfect. Soooo.... STFU!!!!

Smoking IS bad, yes... However most people (such as myself) start when they are too young and dumb to make very good decisions, and later in life we say "**** me! What have I gotten myself into?" So please don't judge, that's not what this site is for, and unless you are Jesus, I'm sure that you're not perfect. Soooo.... STFU!!!!

Oops... ^^^ Every time I tried to post it said "error, anti-flood protection", but I guess it posted.

SeedlessMe 13

Metman- please stop talking, if you don't know what you're talking about. You're just making things up now! Vegetarians don't need to take supplements to live, sorry. I have been Alive & Healthy without eating any animals or taking any pills for about 15 years. Also, yeah, nicotine is obviously bad, But It's Not Crack. You don't get depressed for not taking a 'hit' as you call it. Reira- I'm with you, may these idiots damn me for it :]

it's funny how people get so worked up over this if people wanna smoke, they have no right to be judged about it. it's their life and their choice. if you don't like it, keep it to yourself, don't give them shit for it p.s I don't smoke

steffielynn 0

if all you're gonna do is argue about something that has nothing to do with the fml, do it in a private message!

dear everyone, stfu. Love, MissBunny25

OrientlSoldr 0

yay! biology discussions!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

TroII 0

if only riera read the comments and actually argued a good point instead of re-typing "burgers are bad" over and over making herself look so dumb "science classes dont make you a scientist dErP" lol

Gamzee_fml 0

Get off your high horse, Reira Why do you insult people in your tl;dr replies when you're saying "OH U GAIZ R SO IMMATURE", hypocrite. just because we don't agree with you it doesn't mean than you force your opinions on us. We have ours and you have yours. hOnK :0)

fast food is not the problem the problem is that people are so lazy and don't get enough exercise

okay wow. an entire argument about health. okay ur health is ur business. dont insult people bcuz they do something that you think is unhealthy. this seriously is not that big a deal and this whole cyber war shit is pointless. no ones going to win and everyones just going to end up angry in the end.

urmadbro9 0

LOL Idiots these days The guys just explained to you the facts about the burgers, just becase he said that some of the ingredients in the burger is healthy doesnt its really healthy, its like saying Hot Cheetos are healthy just because they have some kind of vitamin (which i doubt) People like you make Vegitarian people look like idiots. 'nuff said

157 chocolate isn't always bad for you, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, it depends on the situation

#157, the bible says to treat your body as a temple. What do you mean "health freak"?

Smoking as a few benefits- don't even deny it. Just as cutting relieved stress or emotion, smoke does the same. And besides, some people do find smoking attractive when it is portioned. :) OP is free to do whatever he/she wants.

^they are talking about health benefits in which smoking has none. I feel more sorry for those who feel they have to smoke to feel better, despite all the issues it will cause. eating unhealthy food is not as bad as smoking because if you choose a healthy lifestyle, a fattening hamburger can be worked off or used to build muscle where's smoking can do nothing of such.

You must not know a lot about smoking if you think it's on the same level as consuming dairy products and chocolate.

Hahahaha, you shouldn't have been smoking in the first place, but FYL

lmaoatall 6

future note for posting fml's, never ever say you went outside to have a smoke. NEVER. even if you were hit by a bus..

MyNameIsBruce 0

yeah because as soon as you do you're instantly deemed at fault for making a decision to do what you want with your body. smoking isn't a crime people, we all have the right to choose to smoke or not, quit judging those that do

is that what the lord wants you to think?

lmaoatall 6

69, 65 is correct. if you want to go biblical , God gave us the freedom to choose our path, right or wrong, he will be the one and only judge

Snipedog42 0

It was a sign for you not to smoke

lmaoatall 6

the power of christ has compelled me onward Christian soldiers trolling as to war...

MyNameIsBruce 0

weeds illegal though :( why can't I choose to put that in my body then!?!?

lmaoatall 6

125- you CAN put it in your body, that's your choice. just don't get caight

lmaoatall 6

how is religion not moderated? besides, how many burglers would sit outside smoking and listening to tunes?

o.O Why on earth should religion be moderated? Regardless of the fact that a lot of people don't believe in it, there are still those that do, and just as we have a right to express our disbelief, they have a right to express their belief. Besides, if it was moderated what would the trolls have left once they're done with the stupid people?

Nothing against smokers, but I hate how the big tobacco companies make Billions and Billions off of getting people hooked on cigarettes. it just seems so wrong

in what auto correct world is "caight" a word haha

What a good brother, protecting your house like that!

batgirl_babygirl 0

from what? a "burglar" just standing there? yeah that seems real threatening...her brother is a moron

kingtz 6

@64 maybe the burglar was having a smoke first before robbing the house? I would have done the same. Only difference is that instead of tackling, I'd have attacked the burglar with a weapon.

ImaWiseGuy 5

64, you my friend are on point.....

born_hustla 26

some burglars are stupid lol

That sucks!!! YDI for looking like a creep....

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

...wait for it... ...wait for it... **** YO.

catalin 0

How come smokers always get the most YDI's ? : It's completely out of my reach. It's like it was her fault her brother tackled her like that.

Autoshot 9

It's because smoking welcomes the pain. Everyone knows that.

#277 the female gender sign in the corner said it was a girl

furlifefoo 0

I agree with number 8. рвом даем детю нам. Лима

KingDingALing 9

Smoking is the least of his problems here... As a matter of fact, I'm going to go smoke right now. Who wants to join me?

Count me in. I would be honored to inhale the second hand smoke that you produce.

What are we smoking? If it's meth, I'm all in.

How's about we smoke some nutmeg, I could go for that right about now.

King, please leave your desires to smoke pole to yourself, thanks. :)

I only smoke the ground up bones of trolls.

I only smoke KaySL's dandruff, but I don't get it very often.

KingDingALing 9

We're going to smoke whatever I have laying around here. Let's see...first up is some... dirt. I think it's dirt...it's brown, like dirt. Eh, whatever, same shit. Let's go get high out of our intensely deviated minds!

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it: snackbars, you're quite attractive :)