By Cococautly - 04/07/2009 04:49 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend proposed to me at the zoo. With a Ring Pop. He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 785
You deserved it 13 900

Same thing different taste

Top comments

omg i personally think thats adorable and I would like melt. except i am not the hugest fan of the zoo... but a ring-pop engagement is adorable! but if he didnt get you a REAL ring as well. yeah no bueno

Not gonna lie... that's really cute. I hope you said yes.

Comments

ohhhhshizzz 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Redneck325Ci 0

Way to NOT be materialistic. It was actually very easy pointing you out specifically because the rest of the women's comments read; "I think it's adorable." While yours read; "Grow up." Congratulations on being the woman that no guy dreams of being married to. I say that because men do NOT want a woman that is materialistic and only cares about money and not feelings.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
aaaaa12345_fml 0

whatever you say, you still sound like a bitch and i wouldnt even want to meet you in real life to find out

I'd have to agree. Even if the guy can afford a ring, anyone who's a little older than the wizened age of 16 sixteen knows that a lot of people pick out rings together. Besides, why spend a year's salary on something that might get turned down? And if you're not materialistic, then why does it matter how someone proposes? Shouldn't the only thing that matters be that there are two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together?

I agree. And I don't give a crap about the ring at all. In fact, it wouldn't even be a big deal to me if I got proposed to without a ring, but the ring pop rubs me the wrong way. It seems too much like a joke than a serious proposal.

starberries 0

Who gives a shit about what you fantasize about at 16? Wait until you grow up.

If your turned down on it all you have to do is return it or wait until the next one comes along

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ohhhhshizzz 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
deviantartgirl 0

You've gotta undertand that it's different for girls. A lot of them fantasize about the perfect wedding and the perfect boyfriend and hope for the most romantic and elaborate proposal. So if that's the kinda thing OP had dreamt about, a ring pop at the zoo is kinda disappointing. Having said that, I think it's cute, and I agree that it's about the love. It was probably spontaneous proposal, explaining why it was at the zoo with a ring pop. Plus it'd make a funny/cute story to tell when people ask.

As a woman I actually agree. I also think to a lot of guys the ring pop would probably only be a gesture so the woman could have the ring she likes and the right size (plus who would want to be married to a gold digger) - so karma would have it you missed out on Great Grandma's Tiffany diamond.

I'm a woman, and I agree. I'm guessing he couldn't afford a ring so he used that, and it was probably a spur of the moment thing. Obviously he loves you, and you're pissed that your proposal wasn't perfect? Grow up.

AndelleRae 9

I agree, and I'm a woman. I don't buy into the fairytale proposal bullshit. If you're lucky enough to find someone that wants to spend the rest of their life with you, be happy with that. Who gives a shit if you get a huge diamond on a platinum band or if he proposes to you with a ring that came of of one of those 25 cent machines? Be happy he loves you. OP, slightly bitchy.

testing_fml 0

Ha, you go about calling him a sexist and then make a totally sexist remark good job. Blame it on men always are fault.

sirfuzzitoes 0

#10... "Stop being such a sexist asshole who is just angry they can't get ass." Are you really that stupid?

The real issue here is a lack of communication...if the girl wants a romantic proposal, she ought to be able to communicate that to her guy!

no one blamed it on all men, they said Sometimes. Learn to read.

lolzforfun228 3

a womens heart is in her head, a mans heart is in his crotch.

God it's men like you that almost make me wish I was a lesbian. Like one user said, it takes two to tango. Personally I think the ring pop was adorable. It seems more sincere than a billion dollar ring to me. Sure I might be both shocked and slightly disappointed at the moment, but I love spontaniety. At least this idea has never been used before. If my guy took me out on a huge romantic dinner (which would be greatly appreciated) or sent me on a scavenger hunt (I'm sure everyone's heard of that) I would figure out what he wanted and it would ruin the suspense. Or even worse, what if he did either of those things and he didn't even propose at the end?

lmmmr 0

I agree with 178. As you can tell, there are just as many women here who think this proposal was adorable as those who don't, so clearly your ridiculous stereotyping is false. That's probably why you can't get any. Like I said, this proposal was adorable. I would love it, personally.

Be that as it may, these women need to get over themselves. Boo hoo, it wasn't what happened in their dreams - but by crying that it didn't happen the way THEY planned it, shows more how they don't give a shit about the fact that their man probably put a lot of forethought into theirs. Something like this proposal should be appreciated - either because it shows the guy's personality, or because it was spontaneous. Or maybe, just maybe, because the guy WANTS TO MARRY THEM. Honestly, as much as I too would probably love the cliche down on one knee with a diamond engagement ring - I would much rather it if my boyfriend did something that tied into who, what, and how he is. It's just more personal that way. Sorry that I sound so heated - it's just FML's like these piss me off.

My fiance proposed to me over the phone, and I said yes. It was a spur of the moment thing that he hadn't thought through. Half way through the conversation, he just blurted out, "Will you marry me?" Would that be even worse than a ring pop? We're still engaged. I still don't have a ring. He asked me if I wanted a ring and what kind I want so he can make it up to me. I said, since, it's our future we're talking, and technically, OUR money, I would rather have the money in the bank. He took me on a 3 week vacation in Japan instead. If he loves you, rings don't matter.

Redneck325Ci 0

Way to NOT be materialistic. It was actually very easy pointing you out specifically because the rest of the women's comments read; "I think it's adorable." While yours read; "Grow up." Congratulations on being the woman that no guy dreams of being married to. I say that because men do NOT want a woman that is materialistic and only cares about money and not feelings.

It's not about the wedding, proposal, pomp and ceremony. If that's what you're looking for in a marriage, then you're right. FYL. I mean, it's nice to go along with your significant other, but to DEMAND that the other person meet your exact standards... #3 was wrong. It's not women like you who create the high divorce rate. It's shallow people like you. FYL for being skin deep and for not knowing where it's really at.

#177, actually the movie poster stole it from the internet. That picture (or VERY similar) has been around forever, because I remember using it as a MSN display pic back when i was 14 (i'm nearly 19 now)

nightELFassasin6 0

oh okay yep that's right I forgot...fag

SynysterNero 20

You're the one who is being sexist #10. You are blaming they guy for a shitty proposal. For all we know he might be saving for a real ring, and it's like the other person said, it's about love. Not material possessions.

omg i personally think thats adorable and I would like melt. except i am not the hugest fan of the zoo... but a ring-pop engagement is adorable! but if he didnt get you a REAL ring as well. yeah no bueno

true. a real ring is needed if this is to be done ! hahahahahaha

spinarium 2

this is an FML if he doesn't follow it up with a real decent ring. i would have done the same thing, but give my girl a decent ring afterwards after i have the cash.

That is kind of funny, tell him you'll think about it when he gets you a decent ring. Although if it was last minuet he is creative. lol

Rellikiox 0

Maybe ring pops mean something to him... Or maybe he thought you would think it's was cute... But, this is FML because your fiance (or not, we don't know) used a ring pop or because you don't have a diamonds ring? I think it's the second one...

Maybe he just proposed with that so that later he could take you to choose your own ring? Some people prefer that as it means that they get exactly what they want.

Not gonna lie... that's really cute. I hope you said yes.

itsgen 16

Are you both 10? Then please, take it with stride and be happy that he proposed with anything at all! Celebrate with a day at a playground, a pool, a splash park, and a video game arcade. But if you're both college-aged, then take him to be seen by a therapist. I don't know why anyone should propose with a ring-pop ring unless they're children.

Maybe they have something special with Ring Pops that she isn't thinking of. Proposing with a Ring Pop isn't something to see a therapist over.

lmmmr 0

OR you know, if they're not taking themselves and their lives WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

It's a helluva lot cuter than what my now-husband did for me. He threw the box at me while we were in the car and told me he'd had the jeweler wrap it so tightly that I'd struggle. I want to cry everytime someone asks for the engagement story.

If you love the guy and you know he loves you it doesn't matter how it's done.

For example my husband was hiding the ring behind his back. I wanted to see what it was....and he shoved me off the couch accidentally. lol he then handed me the box while I was on the floor and as I was laughing put me back on the couch. He proposed. Five years later We still love each other. It doesn't even matter to have a ring. It is nothing but a symbol. If you love each other completely and are both dedicated to make a marriage work through the crap times and the perfect times then that is what matters.