By Anonymous - 06/08/2013 15:19 - United States - Decatur

Today, my daughter, who was born in late 2000, mentioned how amazing it is that she'll be alive during the year 3000. I asked her exactly how old she thinks she'll be by then. She said, "Thirty, duh." I've screwed up as a parent, so very badly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 644
You deserved it 15 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you ask her the explain this logic? I want to know her secret & live until the year 3000. You never know OP, she could be the next Albert Einstein.

What if OP's daughter created a time machine and plans on traveling to the year 3000 when she turns 30? And she can bring all of their technology and solutions to our time and creates a paradox where our past is more advanced than their future and therefore creates a cycle where the future's ultra advanced technology comes to our time and makes the future even more advanced? BOOM MINDFUCK

Comments

Did you ask her the explain this logic? I want to know her secret & live until the year 3000. You never know OP, she could be the next Albert Einstein.

What if OP's daughter created a time machine and plans on traveling to the year 3000 when she turns 30? And she can bring all of their technology and solutions to our time and creates a paradox where our past is more advanced than their future and therefore creates a cycle where the future's ultra advanced technology comes to our time and makes the future even more advanced? BOOM MINDFUCK

TheDoctor10 28

I'm sorry, but I can't allow that. It could rip a hole space and time the size of Belgium.

angelofmusic113 9
pmnj19 8

No! Nobody blink! Dont look away and dont blink!

I think this qualifies as mental masturbation because I ****** my own mind writing that...

I love how this tread has turned into a DW conversation, totally disregarding how the woman's kid cannot do math hahaha.

devildee101 15

ill call matha Jones so she can help you doctor

28 - I think your picture needs updating. :)

My theory is, that analogy isn't quite relative.

that was so awesome!!! that was like a mind **** x3,000 teehee. (being serious)

SwaggCapone 11
Zimmington 21

Maybe she thinks she's a vampire that ages 1 year for every 10 that pass

blackman100 20

Shouldn't it be a futurama thread instead of doctor who? Just saying. (Nothing against DW)

TheDoctor10 28

Sort of a necropost, but going to the future and bringing back advanced technology would create a paradox. If the tech is brought back to the present and "invented" here, it won't have to be invented in the future. If it isn't invented in the future it won't exist to bring back here. Simple cause and effect.

PterodactylMan 23

She's thinking outside the box

We're still thinking 2000 and late, she's on 3000.

michaelaranda 28

Hes right, late 2000s means 2007 onward. She cant me older than 7 years old. So **** u op, for thinking that your daughter couldnt do math at that young age. If she was 12, that would be an fml. Six years old? U are a horrible parent, but for a different reason. And whats with the whole, "ive completely failed as a parent" bullshit? Still 12 more years. Get off this site you attention seeking *****. I hate you op.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I'd consider late 2000 to be 2005 or later, so at most OP's daughter would be 8? I don't see this to be absolutely terrible if her daughter is that young.

gzmn91 6

Late 2000 means in the last months of 2000....how is it 2005? So, she is almost 13.

perdix 29

#3, yes, she's 12 years old. She may have turned 13 in the past month or so. It didn't say "late 2000's" which would have made her less than 8.

ElementaryEdGuy 18

She said late 2000, not 2000s. Late 2000 would be June-December 2000. So, OP's daughter is 12 or 13. O.O

thrAsHeRr9081 16

Gotcha, just read it wrong :)

ElementaryEdGuy 18

While we're at it, can we talk about how 2000 was 13 years ago? I mean, really?

You mean 1990 wasn't 10years ago?! Gets me every time.

Maybe she will jump into one of those freezers from Futurama in 17 years. After about a 1000 years, she will still have the body of a 30 year old!

queerchristian 5

Leave these comments for ifunny.EDIT: actually, just dont comment these at all.

miiapaige 14

No faith in humanity, exhibit A.

ILoveMyArm 15

Yes, it is completely rational to lose faith in humanity because of one person.

just wait a minute, exhibit B onwards might be really bad!

see comment 12, replying to comment 4.

It's not always parenting that screws kids up. Kids just have a different logic than adults. If you explained it to her, then you're not a bad parent. Letting her continue to believe something that's false would make you a bad parent.

I guess all those parents who say Santa, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy are doing Satan's work.

She was born in late 2000, meaning she's almost 13. She should be smart enough to know that she won't be alive then.

That is true, though we are talking about a twelve to thirteen year old teenager here, and not some kid in elementary school. So some basic concepts of mathematics should exist. Anyway, I guess she won't go to MIT.

FinJage 18

89 - How are you so sure that science won't progress and drastically prolong life?

How did you screw up as a parent? She's 13 and just simply miscalculated. It happens to everyone.

Miscalculating by ~970 years is normal? She's 13, she should know how wrong she was by now.

Well, less than 970, but you get my point.

Maybe she had a massive brain fart and thought 3000 was 2030.

TheModernPatriot 14

She screwed up because by the age of 13, with an IQ of 70, which is the IQ for a retarded person, she should know that from 2000 to 3000 is exactly 1000 years. I know a few people who are retarded and can tell you that.

ballettillidie 8

Really #124 because there is no such thing as a retarded person. A person can have autism or down syndrome, but they are not, nor will they ever be, retarded. Op's daughter... Just lacks any form of intelligence

154 - Um, there most certainly IS such thing as someone being retarded. I know a few people who are mentally retarded. My mother's old friend's daughter is 35 but her mind set is of an 18 month old. Even though the word "retarded" is thrown around a lot there is definitely such thing is as MR. I don't know where you got the idea that retardation isn't real.

I think the term "retarded" is obsolete in that context.

Perhaps OP hasn't mastered the art of sarcasm? (: at least I hope that's the case, for the sake of humanity

KB616 11

My name's Kailey too, spelled the same way :)

Hahah, someone else who knows the frustration of not finding their name on gift shop souvenirs (:

Llama_Face89 33

It's impossible to find "Liam" on those too...

showmeyourears 19

"Daisy" also tends to be hard to find ._.

Try finding "Zeus". Gawd. The ladies appreciate it though. ;)

Hell, try finding Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.

HowAreYouToday 34

try finding Howareyoutoday I mean really its impossible

Maybe she'll be a successful politician. Apparently they're not required to know math, either.

ILoveMyArm 15

What do politicians and sperm have in common? About one in every 500 or 600 million have a chance at becoming a human.

skyeyez9 24

People who become politicians gravitate towards positions of power. They are by nature narcissistic, arrogant, and pathological liars.

olpally 32

My god... :/ you didn't fail, she's just that stupid.