By Anonymous - 12/02/2014 17:26 - United States - Louisville

Today, my in-laws kept mocking me for being "too clean" because I take a shower every day. They think I'm weird and kept saying things like "Be careful when you hug your daughter, she might squeak!" and calling me names like "water-wasting bitch." They haven't stopped all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 228
You deserved it 4 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TGKat 13

I think your in-laws have yet to escape medieval times and come to the present, OP. FYL

XBurytheCastleX 25

For a present, give them some body sprays and deodorant. Let them know they need it. Revenge

Comments

over showering is extremely bad for your skin and your natural oils. Your family is doing it right.

I'm horrified at some of these comments, really I am. I and every one I know showers/baths at least once a day. Iv never heard of this ludicrously with it being normal to NOT shower/bath daily. Omw.

I have no idea why showering every day is seen as weird! the only reason i don't is because my hair is so dam long it takes over 24hrs to dry. But I shower every other day. My mom and brother both shower once a day. ... How is that so wrong? As for your in-laws .... if they are at *your* house ... kindly show them the door, if they can't respect you they can get out! As for your husband/wife, you should have a word with him/her about this disrespect and nastiness!

Follow them around with disinfectant spray and air freshener. Spray them constantly and disinfect everything they touch. If they come to your house, put plastic on all the furniture, and give them paper plates and plastic cups and utensils. Make them wear surgical masks before they can speak, and if they don't comply, turn the hose on them. If they stay the night, give them a cot with rubber sheets in the garage. If this doesn't get the point across, just go with, "Shut the **** up, you diseased *****."

Nederlander95 14

Wait so how often does your husband shower?

Do they not realise that everyone showers everyday? They sound grotty tbh

In the U.S. Showering every day is the norm but it is kinda a waste of water. So many poor people are lucky to shower once a week. I shower every other day.

CaroAurelia 12

I'm sorry, but you married into the weirdest family.