By Anonymous - 04/03/2014 04:12 - United States - Woodland

Today, my mom left the house in the morning, leaving me alone. I called and I got no answer. Hours later, she finally answers one of my calls and tells me that she'd been in an AA meeting all this time. Happy, I tell her to come home. She came home drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 154
You deserved it 3 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3051628 24

Don't give up hope yet OP, these kinds of things just take time, patience, and a lot of support. Be there for your mother and I'm sure that you can both power through this. As hard as it can be, you just have to maintain the right mindset with these kinds of things. I'm sure things will turn out for the best in the end

chocolatefrog28 29

Keep supporting her and encourage more AA meetings, you can't get better after just one. Good luck OP.

Comments

3051628 24

Don't give up hope yet OP, these kinds of things just take time, patience, and a lot of support. Be there for your mother and I'm sure that you can both power through this. As hard as it can be, you just have to maintain the right mindset with these kinds of things. I'm sure things will turn out for the best in the end

27, as a heavy drinker I get the joke, I use it all the time, but did you really think it would go over well in the FML community, let alone this particular FML?

Reminds me of my ex husband. Too bad you can't divorce your mom.

Too bad it's too late for you to be aborted... jk but just because someone has a problem doesn't mean you should hide, maybe your (ex?)husband needed YOUR support the most

I'm sorry. I thought this was Fmylife. com, but I seem to have stumbled upon takeeverythingsaidonehundredpercentseriously. com. Anyway, not that it's any of your business, I gave my ex husband more support than he deserved. I gave him information for AA and other support groups and made counseling appointments for him. He never showed. And while he was at it, he spent all my money to support his habit and his multiple girlfriends to the point where I couldn't even pay our bills, and also stole my property. Even after he got a DUI, he bullied me into letting him take our only car (that he wasn't supposed to be driving) to a court mandated treatment meeting, then left me waiting for him for TWELVE HOURS to pick me up from work while he got shit faced and drove around town with some other loser he met at the meeting. In the end, I had to get a stranger to drive me home because it was far too far to walk and I had no money because, as usual, he'd spent it all on booze. That's the specific incident this reminds me of. You can't hold someone's addiction against them, but you can hold their unwillingness to get better against them. I don't know if OP's mom is as bad as my ex, or if she's just an all around rotten person like my ex, but if she is, OP is worse off than I was because she can't completely cut her own mother out of her life like I could my ex. That's what I meant.

My brain just exploded... Not that any of that was any of my business...

Ha ha! No, not really, but I don't mind sharing the myriad anecdotes of my ex's douchebaggery now and then. It's all in the past and it just makes me appreciate my now happy life and relationship all the more. :)

wait... I'm the one making crude jokes about abortion and you're the one telling me I'm taking everything 100% seriously? How about you, commenting about your entire personal life in response to a sarcastic comment?

chocolatefrog28 29

Keep supporting her and encourage more AA meetings, you can't get better after just one. Good luck OP.

Maybe there's a correlation between her talking to you and her coming home drunk later on... Just saying.

Lil_Red777 21

Maybe you're a jerk? Just saying

Razi_tail 25

Do not ever try to put blame on anyone else! This is a disease that takes time to control, not eliminate. As previously stated, you are a jerk for trying to blame the child.

Alcoholism isn't a disease. That's like saying smoking is a disease because people can't quit that either.

Alcoholism isn't a disease I'm sorry. It's an excuse for people that have addictive personalities use. Why not focus on real diseases that matter instead of giving people who can't control their drinking an excuse to resort to. I have no sympathy for "alcoholics"

I just saw that you're 14 years old. What the hell do you know about alcoholism?? Lmao. Go do your hw little girl.

Maybe, you shouldn't talk about things you have no knowledge about?

@#46, you sound a tad hypocritical considering one of the eight words in your profile is stating that beer makes a perfect life.

I'm sorry, I didn't know what an AA meeting was before I posted the comment. But support her throughout this time and stay positive

\ 28

#16 Good for you for finding out, but I still think you meant "such wow."

Always remember, problems don't go away in just a day. She'll get over it soon enough.. If she really is going to AA meetings anyways.

Matilda19 7

my friend use to do the same thing but she use to do it with the other AA members and they told her that she need to go to a different place because she was a bad influence

ugh every comment is the same. nobody is actually an individual? it's like people feel the need to repeat others just to hear themselves talk. stand out! and don't say you're an individual. everyone says it, making nobody an individual

it's OK to share an opinion or a thought or emotion with other people. You shouldn't try to make it your own is what I'm saying, together it would be more meaningful