By Eloise - 21/03/2017 14:00

Today, I went on my third date with a great guy. We finally got round to talking about his tattoos. All 57 are related to his best friend. All of them. The best friend he never stops talking about. Somehow I don't think this will work out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 459
You deserved it 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm surprised you made it to date #3 if all he ever talked about was his best friend anyway.

Why? it's bad either way. Anyone who has 57 tattoos related to a person they talk about constantly has more than friendly feelings towards them male or female.

Comments

I'm guessing the best friend is a girl. I'm hoping it is for your sake.

Why? it's bad either way. Anyone who has 57 tattoos related to a person they talk about constantly has more than friendly feelings towards them male or female.

I'm surprised you made it to date #3 if all he ever talked about was his best friend anyway.

Is his best friend named Jesus or Mohammed?

He definitely has a very unhealthy...not to mention unnatural...obsession with his best friend.

understandable that this is WAAAAAYYYYY over the top, but what if his best friend passed away?

I think you can say "Bi-Bi" to that tentative relationship. I'm assuming the guy is Bi-Sexual or closet gay. No issue with that, but he's probably not promising boyfriend material if you were looking for something exclusive.

Who ever said that best friends have to be the same gender?

I wouldn't say he automatically has romantic feelings for his friend. Platonic love can be just as strong as romantic love. And like someone else said his friend could have died. Still that many tattoos to one person and talking about just that person all the time is concerning. It seems a tad excessive.

Burle 17

That'll be the best man at your wedding

Either he's bi or in the closet--the former isn't an issue, but the latter... In either case, he has an unhealthy obsession with his best friend!

Sounds like that guy is hardcore in the friendzone.