By Anonymous - 23/12/2013 00:58 - United States - Dekalb

Today, I found out I was passed over for the promotion I've wanted for 9 months at the fast food restaurant I work in. Who got the job? The 16 year old girl I trained 2 weeks ago. Their excuse was, "She has ambition." I'm going to college for food service management. She failed her drug test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 552
You deserved it 4 230

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bman5064 11

$100 she's sucking your managers french fry

She's still working there even though she failed a drug test?

Comments

ahh I hate to burst your bubble O.P. but you kind of deserved it but at the same time not really. You should've been wanting that position like you mean it! You shouldn't have lost it to some 16 year-old girl. I'm sorry but you should've been just as ambitious. But yeah that sucks... :/

How do you know that op wasn't just as ambitious?

it clearly states that OP has wanted it for 9 months and is putting in extra effort to study whats required for the job. if thats not ambition then idk what is.

She must be hot. I work in a fast food place myself.

jaycee1209 5
skittyskatbrat 19

Either you're the world's most lackadaisacal worker and she's scored 100% on every test/observation and works twice as fast as any other employee, or something is going on. Corporate needs to have that suspicion reported. If your manager is taking advantage of a 16 year old kid, whether it's already molestation or whether it's still in the grooming/bribes/rewards stage, corporate needs to know. If you really honestly suspect something, you also need to report this to child welfare services. If you sincerely think that nothing hanky-panky is going on, the girl is safe, and your manager is just a moron, start applying to other stores in that chain (if they exist) or for manager positions in similar restaurants. I have a sneaking suspicion the manager is getting manager-type work out of you in terms of team leadership w/out having to pay you the extra to actually be a shift supervisor! I had a boss that tried that.

Their excuse was, she put out, or is leading them to believe she will.

contact your district manager, or what it's called. that's liable to get that manager fired for promoting an employee that failed a drug test. And there is gonna be an investigation

You do realize that 'manager' could also be the owner, right? Not everyone is part of a corporate chain...

Even if it is the owner, and the store is a franchise of a bigger company (such as mcdonalds). The company can take the store off the franchisee for misconduct. That happened to my store.

Yes, in America. Please tell me how amazing you think other countries are Ms. Oregon..

I know the feeling OP. I'm going through the same shit at my job too. FYL.

Shark127 3

She's probably ******* your boss, just keeping it real