By Anonymous - 26/03/2013 14:54 - Finland - Vanda

Today, my boss threatened to fire me because of a tattoo I have. It's a small teddy bear on my leg with my parents' names on it. My workplace has no problems with tattoos, but my boss said it was "unoriginal and lame." It's a memorial tattoo; my parents died last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 954
You deserved it 3 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people... makes me wonder how they became the assholes they are today.

tell him his excuse is "lame and unoriginal"

Comments

Some people... makes me wonder how they became the assholes they are today.

zero4life123 7

She should tell him what the teddy bear means and hopefully he feels like a jack ass...

Op probably told him.. He's just heartless..

Not sure there's a good reason, not sure I even care to hear their explanation, there are cases (such as this) where assholery is never excusable.

I'm no fan of tattoos (for myself) but am less of a fan of assholes. Unless Finland has a worse economy than the good oL US of A, I'd look for a new boss. At least your tat has meaning and is not a drunken regret. Sounds like your parents were good people.

tjv3 10

Sorry OP your boss sounds like a douche bag. He is probably related to my boss who is also a douche bag

1, they are heartless creatures, on this earth, and in charge. It's sad but there are more assholes than nice people in this world. OP, I'm very sorry for the loss of your parents. I hope your tattoo cheers you up, when you look at it, so you think about the good memories.

collegedream121 8

I'm sorry for ur loss I hope he feels like a jackass.. And hopefully u get a raise.

DragonText 4

Or if she sues for intentional infliction of emotional distress she make bank!

If she sues and gets fired it'll be hard to find another job. Nobody wants an employee that might sue them.

#105-Pretty sure that's not allowed. Just like you can't not hire someone based on race, gender, age etc. I might be wrong but still, I don't think her future employers need to know those type of things anyway.

Time for a discussion with human resources, I'd say. Your boss is an asshole if his only problem with your tattoo is he doesn't appreciate it. :p

HR won't do shit, they're there to protect the company, not the employee. OP's boss is yet another of the hundreds of socially degenerate retards I see on FML every day. If OP has the possibility to quit, I'd advise them to do so.

tell him his excuse is "lame and unoriginal"

But then OP's comeback would be lame unoriginal.:(

Tell his boss that he's lame and unoriginal

Seriously I don't get why it matters to him, it's not like it is affecting him in any way.

My words exactly. The boss is a prat!

Your boss is an asshole. If he fires you then file for wrongful termination. Sorry you have to put up with a dick like him OP :/

He's probably only satisfied if you're getting full body tattoos or Puff the Dragon tattoos.

Maybe he'd appreciate some sick tribal tats

Yeah he's a hardcore tatman no doubt. "That all you got, OP? I want full ******* face and neck tribal ink by next tuesday, and there better not be any of that sloppy kindergarten shit like on your teddy tattoo." I th-ink he has it in for OP

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If there's a way OP can override her boss' will, I'm not aware of it.

Cover up her parents' memorial while others can have meaningless yet in the eyes of one other person "cool" tattoos? Really now? Tell me how that's fair.

Ah, yes. Now that I reread "my workplace doesn't have a problem with tattoos…" I feel like a HUGE dumbass. Indeed, there's no reason for the boss to be that way. Opinions be damned, if her workplace is ok with tattoos, then it should be ok with ALL tattoos, leaving her boss' threats empty. My apologies for rushing to comment, and therefore shitposting.

^yes, but in a huge hurry. Haven't had a first page spot in a long time. Ah well.

Don't tell us, tell him! That ought to make him feel bad, if not, then he's an ass and you shouldnt work there.