By Anonymous - 26/03/2013 14:54 - Finland - Vanda

Today, my boss threatened to fire me because of a tattoo I have. It's a small teddy bear on my leg with my parents' names on it. My workplace has no problems with tattoos, but my boss said it was "unoriginal and lame." It's a memorial tattoo; my parents died last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 955
You deserved it 3 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people... makes me wonder how they became the assholes they are today.

tell him his excuse is "lame and unoriginal"

Comments

I can hardly bear how rude people can be, especially when people think they're all that because they have some authority.

i'm sorry your boss is an @$$, and i am even more sorry for your loss

Tell him that if he fires you, you'll sue him get a tattoo of a gavel next to the teddy bear as a "memorial."

For what? Workplaces are allowed to have tatoo policies. They're also allowed to have policies regarding gays. The law may suck, but until it changes, it's the law.

Sinkhole 26

Did you even read the FML, 35? It clearly says that OP's workplace has no problem with tattoos. This is not a problem about a tattoo policy. I wonder how you know that businesses in Finland can have policies against hiring gay people. I hope you actually know that and it's not that you're just spouting crap here.

Sorry guys, my comments have just been SHITTY today. I mean… ugh! I think I just need to go take a nap…

Well shit, at least it had meaning and was more original than a butterfly or stars would be...

perdix 29

I wouldn't mention that to him. "Unoriginal" is strike one and "lame" is strike two. Add "depressing" to that and strike three, you are out. Btw, sorry for your loss.

Noooooo!!!!! Perdix, you have a soul! Not sure if I'm disappointed or impressed. Either way, I always enjoy reading your comments.

perdix 29

Sssh! Let's just keep this between you and me, so I can keep up the illusion of being a disembodied dick ;)

I've never seen a teddy bear memorial tattoo before but I'm sure your boss is correct. he has the extremely original barbed wire around the bicep tattoo doesn't he?

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. Secondly, your boss is a douche. It's a shame obnoxious behavior is more acceptable than tattoos. Especially in this day and age.

perdix 29

Too bad you don't live in the U. S. of A., his ass would have been fired for staring at your leg and you could have sued the company for millions for sexual harassment. It's the protection of rights here that has allowed the lame tattoo industry to thrive.