Special day

By buymeadrank - 30/04/2009 15:11 - United States

Today, it's my long-anticipated 21st birthday! Today also happens to be the first day of my period. I've spent the whole morning in the fetal position with agonizing cramps, reduced to tears, and whimpering while the painkiller refuses to kick in. Happy birthday! Love, my uterus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 616
You deserved it 9 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ultravioletbaby 0

Oh honey, I know exactly how you feel. I get them worse than anyone I know. Feel better. =[

Mabel1989 0

Oh goodness, I've had my period (with crippling cramps and nausea) on my birthday pretty much every year since I got my period. It's hell. I know how you feel...it does suck. Oh and #3...I think she means the first day of THIS particular period.

Comments

Aw that really sucks! And to all the people saying you should just deal with it - I'd love to know whether they're female and have had to deal with severe cramps. I know they suck at the best of times but it must really suck if you've been looking forward to your 21st! Hope the pain gets better as the day goes on and you can at least enjoy the last part of the day, happy birthday though Xx

tysgirl 0

aww, I'm sorry...I used to get them so bad I'd throw up. Here's a tip--try taking painkillers a day or two before your period starts. I've found that helps soooo much. Hopefully you feel better in time to have some fun!

vanityinsanity 0

well...that sucks but not the end of the world

painkillers and drinking... great times. go hit the bars. itll be a blast. and on thirsty thursday

mj2123 0

Suck it up? Either you're all guys, or you don't get truly horrible, vomit inducing, incapable of moving cramps. There's a huge difference between "ow, my uterus kinda hurts" and laying on the floor, writhing in pain. This sounds like the latter, which isn't something you just deal with. Um, and the issue isn't really that she had her period, but rather the intense cramps, so anyone saying "oh, women menstruate, wah wah wah" should learn how to read.

kdbattista 0

25-"I have to disagree with Samsonite. It's not nature to be in that much pain. It's a severe condition called PMDD. " Umm. "Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a dramatic form of Premenstrual syndrome, afflicting 3% to 8% of women. It is a mental disorder associated with the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle." She's menstruating so it wouldn't be PMDD. OP, I would talk to your OBGYN.

luv2sing247 0

I hear ya girl. Hang in there and I hope they get better! Happy 21st! Go party it up tomorrow when ya feel better!!!

DanceRox9008 0

From someone who has passed out and experienced intense nausea, this definitely sucks. I'm sorry for you-I had the same thing happen on the first day of summer last year. It was my senior year. I understand how you're feeling, and I hope your birthday goes better!!! Good luck figuring out if you have PMDD. Also, To everyone who is telling her to suck it up, you are either male, on birth control (which helps reduce the pain of cramps) or lucky (meaning you just don't get bad cramps). So people STOP telling this girl to suck it up and that this isn't an FML because it is. How would you like to be in the fetal position not able to move on your 21st birthday, without having had a drink???

Wow, that sucks! I suffer from PMDD myself, so I can totally understand vicious cramps that don't respond to any pain meds. I used to pass out, vomit, and miss school and work because my cramps were so bad; I also developed iron-deficiency anemia as well, so I didn't have the strength to push throught the pain, so to those saying "suck it up", well, that's not always possible. My doctor put me on the Pill and it helps make the pain more manageable; maybe that's something you could try, OP. Happy birthday, and I hope you feel better soon!

thankscupcake 0

Take some Midol... Duh. And by the way the fetal position isn't helping your cramps. Try to stretch out. Your life isn't ****** just because you got your period on your birthday. You'll be too drunk to **** later anyway so yeah.

Learn to read. Duh. She said painkillers aren't working.