By animorpher - 24/10/2015 01:21 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my husband and I spent 10 of our last $20 on pizza. Upon arriving home, I stepped out of the car and slipped on some mud, losing my balance and dropping the open box right into the mud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 104
You deserved it 6 176

animorpher tells us more.

Okay, okay. Let me clear up a couple things. lol. First, me and my husband were sneaking toppings, and I couldn't get the box shut again. I didn't think it would be a big deal, I had enough confidence in myself to make it from the car to the house without a mishap (foolishly.) Second, that was the last of just our spending money for the next couple days. I didn't go broke on pizza :) and lastly, the pizza did get replaced. we returned with the sad mess that was supposed to be dinner, we all wept a little, said a prayer for the pizzas that don't make it home, and they gave me a fresh new one :)

Top comments

hopsinlove17 26

Depending on how long you have to wait to get more money I wouldn't be spending half the money on one meal. Make the dollars stretch as best as you can and good luck to you all op.

Comments

ILikeWindmills 6

At least you still have ten more dollars to spend on another pizza.

noahelizer 7

Your first problem is spending 10 dollars on a pizza when money is tight

Did your husband just go for the pizza and see what can be salvaged or check on you first?

Well you have another $10. Go get another pizZa! Or stock up on ramen.

If that legitimately was the last of your money you would have been better off buying a bag of rice. YDI if you wasted half your money on one meal.

Baron_Kaz 15

When you have $20, spend $0.50 on lentils, $0.50 on garbanzo beans, $1.00 on rice (all dry ). We have all seen tough times. If you have money for gas and pizza, then you are not broke.