By animorpher - 24/10/2015 01:21 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my husband and I spent 10 of our last $20 on pizza. Upon arriving home, I stepped out of the car and slipped on some mud, losing my balance and dropping the open box right into the mud. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 104
You deserved it 6 176

animorpher tells us more.

Okay, okay. Let me clear up a couple things. lol. First, me and my husband were sneaking toppings, and I couldn't get the box shut again. I didn't think it would be a big deal, I had enough confidence in myself to make it from the car to the house without a mishap (foolishly.) Second, that was the last of just our spending money for the next couple days. I didn't go broke on pizza :) and lastly, the pizza did get replaced. we returned with the sad mess that was supposed to be dinner, we all wept a little, said a prayer for the pizzas that don't make it home, and they gave me a fresh new one :)

Top comments

hopsinlove17 26

Depending on how long you have to wait to get more money I wouldn't be spending half the money on one meal. Make the dollars stretch as best as you can and good luck to you all op.

Comments

YDI. I mean honestly, spending half of your last bit of money on one little pizza? Plus, why was the box even open when you got out of the car, knowing that the ground must've been slushy like that, ?? idiot!

It's sad how many people here are chastising her for her spending decisions when they've probably got no idea what it's like to be poor. For starters, a large domino pizza for $10 can last 4-5 meals, easy. You can't cook for that price. If she's got a car, likely it's the piece of shit she needs to get to work, not everyone has the luxury of public transport. I used to be poor. It sucks. Really sucks. There is nothing more depressing than ramen noodles every day. I haven't eaten ramen since I started making money, that's been almost 20 years now. I'll never eat them again. You have no idea the sacrifices she makes, and when she's down on her luck her pizza ends up in the dirt. So before you judge someone's choices, try walking a mile in their shoes.

I can easily make $10 last for 5 meals. if she has a car she can sell it for a bicycle. Also, they can both find the nearest soup kitchen and get a free meal with the homeless people.

My husband and I are on a tight budget too, since I've been sick and unable to work. We sure aren't spending money on take-out. Sucks that you dropped the pizza, hopefully you're a bit wiser with the remaining $10.

steam_engenius 21

I mean...thankfully bacon, eggs, and ramen are cheap. Hopefully you guys don't need your last $10 for something else and can make it work. Sorry OP.

Jets4Life89 4

Sorry....it sucks to **** up like that, she probably harder on herself than any of u could be.