By Anonymous - 09/12/2009 13:27 - United States

Today, I met a girl who's the whole package: brains, beauty, shared interests, great personality, single, and into me. Too bad I married my bitchy, depressive high school girlfriend who said she'd kill herself if I didn't. Sometimes, she still tells me she'll do it if we divorce. I believe her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 405
You deserved it 24 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Note to self: Don't marry while still a horny teenager.

YDI for marrying someone because of a threat... grow a pair!

Comments

Divource her. If she does something like that, it'll be her own fault for not seeking help for her problems. It won't be your fault in any way whatsoever. FYL though for being stuck with someone like her.

Divource her. They always say such crap but never meen it. hope you'll have a great life ahead)

Exactly, divorce her ass and go for the new one. Had you and your wife been happily married it would be different, but if you hate everyday you live because of her, the get rid of her. (Oh and she won't kill herself)

I already posted this, but it disappeared. It sounds like your wife may have borderline personality disorder. When she makes those threats, does she do it to manipulate you? Has she ever followed up with a suicidal gesture (a failed attempt, or even self-harm)? Does she love you and think you're perfect one minute, then hate you and think you're terrible if you do something she doesn't like, even something that seems unimportant to you? Borderline personality disorder is among the hardest disorders to diagnose even by a professional in real life, and obviously it's impossible over the internet, but what you're describing seems like it might fit the bill. Get your wife into therapy. Drugs may help if she has a depressive disorder, but if she does have borderline personality disorder, then the only thing that will help her is regular sessions with a psychologist or therapist, since personality disorders do not respond well to medication. Get out of your marriage as soon as it is possible. I would consider consulting a mental health professional for advice on how to do this in light of your wife's condition, but you should not feel obligated to stay married to someone you no longer love just because she is mentally ill. You may also need therapy to recover from the years of emotional abuse, but your wife will most likely be fine and you will be able to live a normal life. Stay strong. I believe in you.

i'm in school to be a therapist, and can i just tell you that that is on of the biggest red flags/signs for an unhealthy relationship, married or not, and is used as a control mechanism. though she may be convincing, people hardly go through with it. sounds like she needs some therapy, and you might need extra therapeutic support if you decide to get out of your unhappy marriage. good luck...

HBubble 3

Let the dumb bitch die - get on with you own life - you've let her hold you back long enough.

AtrumMessor 1

 Seriously, divorce her anyway. She essentially used your human decency to force you into what will only be a miserable marriage. You should have never fallen for it. if she kills herself over it, well, she was too dysfunctional to survive anyway. That said, once you divorce her, don't run straight to the new girl. You need to leave your wife because of her issues, not because you wanna hook up with homechick. If you hook up with her too soon, then your wife will figure you've done her wrong, and her psychosis, depression, and suicide become "your fault." Leave her, stay strictly platonic (but in touch) with the new girl, give your wife's meltdown time to blow over one way or the other, and then you can go for the chick who's actually worth having with a clear conscience.

if she was suicidal she wouldn't threaten you with it. check her into a psych ward on suicide watch, then give her the papers.